UK: Diageo to display world's largest whisky collection
What is thought to be the world's largest whisky collection is set be put on display in Scotland, after being purchased by Diageo.
The collection, containing 3,384 bottles and built up over 35 years by Brzailian Claive Vidiz, has been shipped from Sau Paolo to a high security location in Scotland, Diageo said this week.
The drinks giant bought the collection for an undisclosed fee, but will loan the collection to be displayed in a specially designed vault at the Scotch Whisky Experience in Edinburgh. The vault is part of a GBP2m investment in the tourist attraction.
Among the rarer bottles is a Strathmill single malt, produced to celebrate the Speyside distillery's 100th anniversary. It is one of only 100 bottles ever produced.
"We are delighted to have worked with Claive to bring this wonderful collection safely back to Scotland and to play a part in preserving its legacy and historic significance," said Bryan Donaghey, managing director of Diageo Scotland.
Yesterday (1 April) signalled both an end and a beginning for Maxxium, the global sales and distribution joint venture created by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, The Edrington Group and Remy Cointreau in ...
New guidelines have just been introduced by the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) regarding online media. However, while the guidelines enhance the self-regulatory framework of the spirit...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo Great Britain has launched a TV advert to mark the 250th anniversary of Arthur Guinness signing the lease on the St James's Gate brewery in Ireland....
East African Breweries (EABL) has confirmed that it will cut "several" jobs within the company in the coming weeks....
Indian spirits firm Radico Khaitan has said that it is appealing against a winding-up order on the company, issued by the High Court of Allahabad....
Scotch whisky distiller Whyte & Mackay is to team up with darts champion Phil "the power" Taylor to produce a range of whisky-infused aftershaves....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is targeting investors and Scotch whisky collectors with the launch of 25-year-old Laphroaig and a 30-year-old Ardmore single malts....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends