Diageo tests digital directions for Pimm's campaign
Diageo's new Pimm's posters display the address of the nearest participating pub
A trial campaign from Diageo is to use digital posters at London bus stops to direct consumers to the best local bar for drinking Pimm's.
The push, in partnership with Taylor Walker pubs, will see sensors installed in a selection of on-premise sites that count the number of smartphones in each location. The sensors can judge if a bar is too busy.
That data is then feed to the bus stop posters, which display the address of the nearest pub where there is space.
In another twist, the posters are only activated once the temperature is above 16 degrees Celsius (60 degrees Fahrenheit).
Diageo's new technology and media innovation manager, Jonathan Ansell, said: "We’re really excited about this trial which marks both a unique partnership with some of our customers and innovative use of footfall and thermal sensors in an out-of-home campaign. We’ve chosen transport networks to try to win that vital first drink of the night."
The trial, which will run until early next month, is in eight Taylor Walker pubs in Victoria and The Metro restaurant and bar in Clapham.
This month, Diageo launched an advertising campaign for its new Pimm's Cider Cup brand, which was rolled out in March.
Canadean's "Diageo plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Diageo plc (Diageo) is an alcoholic beverages company that produces, distributes, and sells spirits, beer, and wine products....
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo, also ranks 13th globally in beer....
Despite seeing its global volumes as well as share stagnate in 2015, Diageo comfortably remained the world’s leading spirits player....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends