Diageo teams up with Entourage movie in Johnnie Walker push - video
Diageo has launched a Johnnie Walker Scotch whisky ad in partnership with a new movie based on the US TV show Entourage.
The three-minute clip, which features Entourage actor Kevin Dillon as his character Johnny Drama, will air digitally ahead of the Warner Bros film, released in the US on 3 June. It will be supported by another short clip asking consumers to drink responsible.
"I was really excited from day one to be a part of this project. Not only does Johnny drink Johnnie, but so do I," said Dillon. "Drama claims to be Irish, Chilean and part Japanese. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a bit of Scottish in his blood as well."
In February, Diageo revealed it was developing a new "smart bottle" for brands including Johnnie Walker that can send consumers targeted marketing even after purchase.
Modest growth for global travel retail: Global travel retail sales of wines and spirits, including pre-mix drinks, rose by a modest 1.8% in 2014, reaching 30.2m nine-litre cases in what was a year of ...
Pernod Ricard's MD of finance & operations has said the company will only innovate around its Jameson brand "with substance". ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts