US: Diageo targets women with blended brand
Global drinks giant Diageo has made a minority investment in a vodka/wine blended spirit targeted at women in North America.
Nuvo, a blend of French vodka, French sparkling wine, and exotic fruit nectar is the creation of Raphael Yakoby, of The London Group and entrepreneur behind vodka/Cognac blended spirit Hpnotiq.
Speaking yesterday (23 April), Yakoby said: "Today's women are willing to spend more on themselves, Nuvo is the first of its kind among alcohol beverages that allows women to pamper themselves with something truly luxurious."
The brand, which aims to leverage the popularity of cocktails, wines and blended liqueurs among women, will be available in a pink bottle inspired by a perfume bottle.
Diageo North America's president & CEO Ivan Menezes added: "This investment builds on Diageo's innovation strategy of taking a stake in small and nimble companies like The London Group that can deliver new ideas."
Nuvo will begin to roll out in the US from next month and will be available in 200ml and 375ml bottles. Pricing details were not immediately available.
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
Absolut Vodka is holding a Studio 54-themed Roller Disco and a dance-themed competition in the UK to celebrate the recent launch of Absolut Disco....
Soyuz Victan USA has unveiled the first stage of its national advertising campaign for Silk Vodka across the US....
Altia Corporation is the latest name to be linked with the potential sale of Vin & Sprit, according to reports....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a healthy lift in first-half sales, driven by growth in Asia and Europe....
Sinergia is looking to release a stake in the company in an IPO in Russia....
California-based spirits marketer ShotPak has announced that it is to launch its range of STR8UP shots on the Indian market....
Diageo is stepping up marketing and promotional activity in the UK behind its Johnnie Walker Black Label brand aimed at Indian consumers during the festive period....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report