UK: Diageo targets summer boost for Blossom Hill rose range
Blossom Hill will get a boost with the launch of a new summer campaign
The 'Get things started with the taste of summer' campaign will involve outdoor, digital, press and radio advertising and be supported by Facebook activity, the company said. It is designed to capitalise on a summer of major events, including the London Olympics.
The campaign will focus on the core Blossom Hill rosé range of White Zinfandel, Grenache Rose and Sparkling.
Current figures show wine drinkers in the UK drink rosé only 4.5 times a year, with 23% of consumers not choosing rosé because they do not know when it ought to be drunk.
Joanne Morgan, brand manager for Blossom Hill, at Diageo's Percy Fox and Co unit, said: “We hope that this campaign demonstrates our rosé category insight as well as our ambition and commitment to grow the category for the long-term by to reinforcing Blossom Hill’s sociable, warm and approachable personality.”
Diageo's wine brands represent around 6% of its total net sales.
You'll have seen, I'm sure, the wave upon wave of Diageo-related speculation in recent months regarding the company's relationships with both the owners of Jose Cuervo Tequila and India's United Spiri...
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory