INDIA: Diageo takes initial 10% of United Spirits, exec joins board
The deal was first announced last November
In a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (27 May), United Spirits said that it has approved the sale of around 14.5m shares at INR1,440 (US$25.73) per share to Relay, a Diageo subsidiary, through a perferential allotment agreement. Earlier this month, Diageo confirmed it had only managed to acquire 0.4% of the group through a mandatory tender offer.
The UK group has agreed to take a 27.4% stake in United Spirits, but was hoping to up its stake in the firm to 53.4% through the MTO.
Meanwhile, Gilbert Ghostine, Diageo's Asia-Pacific president, has joined the board of United Spirits, with his appointment taking effect yesterday.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
Wine in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile als...
Alcoholic Drinks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research