INDIA: Diageo takes initial 10% of United Spirits, exec joins board
The deal was first announced last November
In a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (27 May), United Spirits said that it has approved the sale of around 14.5m shares at INR1,440 (US$25.73) per share to Relay, a Diageo subsidiary, through a perferential allotment agreement. Earlier this month, Diageo confirmed it had only managed to acquire 0.4% of the group through a mandatory tender offer.
The UK group has agreed to take a 27.4% stake in United Spirits, but was hoping to up its stake in the firm to 53.4% through the MTO.
Meanwhile, Gilbert Ghostine, Diageo's Asia-Pacific president, has joined the board of United Spirits, with his appointment taking effect yesterday.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report