INDIA: Diageo takes initial 10% of United Spirits, exec joins board
The deal was first announced last November
In a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (27 May), United Spirits said that it has approved the sale of around 14.5m shares at INR1,440 (US$25.73) per share to Relay, a Diageo subsidiary, through a perferential allotment agreement. Earlier this month, Diageo confirmed it had only managed to acquire 0.4% of the group through a mandatory tender offer.
The UK group has agreed to take a 27.4% stake in United Spirits, but was hoping to up its stake in the firm to 53.4% through the MTO.
Meanwhile, Gilbert Ghostine, Diageo's Asia-Pacific president, has joined the board of United Spirits, with his appointment taking effect yesterday.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
Jose Cuervo is giving a major push to its namesake Tequila brand in the UK, after a similar campaign in the US earlier this year. ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends