INDIA: Diageo takes initial 10% of United Spirits, exec joins board
The deal was first announced last November
In a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (27 May), United Spirits said that it has approved the sale of around 14.5m shares at INR1,440 (US$25.73) per share to Relay, a Diageo subsidiary, through a perferential allotment agreement. Earlier this month, Diageo confirmed it had only managed to acquire 0.4% of the group through a mandatory tender offer.
The UK group has agreed to take a 27.4% stake in United Spirits, but was hoping to up its stake in the firm to 53.4% through the MTO.
Meanwhile, Gilbert Ghostine, Diageo's Asia-Pacific president, has joined the board of United Spirits, with his appointment taking effect yesterday.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
Jose Cuervo is giving a major push to its namesake Tequila brand in the UK, after a similar campaign in the US earlier this year. ...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts