TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo switches TR marketing director, creates customer director role
Diageo has announced a change of marketing director at its Travel Retail & Middle East (GTME) division.
Peter Fairbrother, currently Diageo's white spirits director based out of Amsterdam, will replace Steve White, who is moving to the UK to take the same post in the company's Africa regional markets unit. White held the GTME role for three years.
Fairbrother has been with the group for 20 years.
At the same time, Diageo announced the creation of the position of strategy & global customer director, with Craig Norwell moving from Asia Pacific, where he was route-to-consumer director, to fill the role.
Fairbrother and Norwell will be based in Singapore and will report in to the MD of the GTME division, Doug Bagley.
“I am delighted to have Peter and Craig on board,” said Bagley. “I would also like to thank Steve White for the many successes he has delivered over the past three years in role and wish him all the best in the UK.”
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the challenges faced by Diageo’s wine operations, which sit uncomfortably with the company...
North America continues to be Diageo’s largest region by operating profit. Despite the maturity of the US market, Diageo hopes to strengthen its premium core brands such as Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, a...
Yesterday, Diageo reported a lift in full-year net profits on flat sales and dipping volumes. Here just-drinks takes a look at the performance of the group's brands:...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research