PORTUGAL/SPAIN: Diageo switches MD in Iberia
Diageo declined to comment on where the previous MD for Iberia has gone
Diageo has confirmed a change of managing director at its Iberia division.
The company was responding to local reports yesterday (4 September) detailing the appointment of Newton Freire to the role. When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson said that Freire will replace Jose Sedano as head of the unit, which comprises the Spanish and Portuguese markets.
Freire joined Diageo in 2007 from Unilever, where he spent 17 years in senior sales and customer development leadership roles, the spokesperson said. He has been the commercial director for Diageo in Latin America & Caribbean for the last five years.
In his new role, he will report in to John Kennedy, COO for Western Europe, and he will also be a member of the Western Europe executive.
The spokesperson declined to comment on the reasons behind the change, although Sedano's LinkedIn status has been set to “on leave” since July. He had held the Iberian MD-ship for two years.
Here's the third part of this month's management briefing, which looks at three of the world's largest brewers and their efforts in the environmental sustainability arena....
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends