PORTUGAL/SPAIN: Diageo switches MD in Iberia
Diageo declined to comment on where the previous MD for Iberia has gone
Diageo has confirmed a change of managing director at its Iberia division.
The company was responding to local reports yesterday (4 September) detailing the appointment of Newton Freire to the role. When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson said that Freire will replace Jose Sedano as head of the unit, which comprises the Spanish and Portuguese markets.
Freire joined Diageo in 2007 from Unilever, where he spent 17 years in senior sales and customer development leadership roles, the spokesperson said. He has been the commercial director for Diageo in Latin America & Caribbean for the last five years.
In his new role, he will report in to John Kennedy, COO for Western Europe, and he will also be a member of the Western Europe executive.
The spokesperson declined to comment on the reasons behind the change, although Sedano's LinkedIn status has been set to “on leave” since July. He had held the Iberian MD-ship for two years.
Here's the third part of this month's management briefing, which looks at three of the world's largest brewers and their efforts in the environmental sustainability arena....
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets