GLOBAL: Diageo switches Baileys global brand directors
Diageo has confirmed a change of brand director for its Baileys liqueur brand.
The company said today (14 August) that Philip Almond, the current marketing director at Diageo GB, has been appointed to the position, to replace Sharon Keith.
Almond, who has been with Diageo for 15 years, has held the position at the company's UK arm since 2006. He will assume the Baileys post on 15 September.
Keith, who became global brand director for Baileys in November 2006, is leaving the company to pursue new interests in her native South Africa.
A replacement for Almond at Diageo GB is currently being sought.
Last month, Diageo began the trial of Baileys Gold, a super-premium variant of the brand, in European airport travel-retail stores.
Ireland's dilapidated economy looks to have forced Diageo to shelve plans for a full-scale overhaul of brewing operations for at least 12 months....
Japanese drinks group Kirin Holdings has appointed a new president and CEO as it looks to push on with plans to drive earnings, despite a breakdown in merger talks with Suntory....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK