TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo switches Asia travel retail heads
Diageo has changed regional directors at its Asia Travel Retail division
Diageo has confirmed a change at the helm of its Asia travel retail division.
The company's Global Travel & Middle East (GTME) announced earlier today (12 April) that Rudy Paoli has been appointed regional director of Global Travel for Asia. Paoli moves from the firm's Global Reserve unit, where he held the position of MD.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for the GTME division said that Paoli has replaced Jay Woo in the Asia role. “His next move will be subject of a future announcement,” the spokesperson added.
Prior to his time with Diageo Global Reserve, Paoli spent 11 years in various roles, including marketing & innovation director for Continental Europe, marketing director of Moet Hennessy Diageo France, and marketing & innovation director for the Middle East, Eastern Europe and India.
Woo, meanwhile, has been with Diageo since 2005, when he assumed the role of marketing director in Korea. He moved up to the Asian travel retail leadership in May, 2009.
The change took effect from 1 April, the spokesperson said.
Global market review of the travel retail drinks sector
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....read more
Beer in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profi...
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk