TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo switches Asia travel retail heads
Diageo has changed regional directors at its Asia Travel Retail division
Diageo has confirmed a change at the helm of its Asia travel retail division.
The company's Global Travel & Middle East (GTME) announced earlier today (12 April) that Rudy Paoli has been appointed regional director of Global Travel for Asia. Paoli moves from the firm's Global Reserve unit, where he held the position of MD.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for the GTME division said that Paoli has replaced Jay Woo in the Asia role. “His next move will be subject of a future announcement,” the spokesperson added.
Prior to his time with Diageo Global Reserve, Paoli spent 11 years in various roles, including marketing & innovation director for Continental Europe, marketing director of Moet Hennessy Diageo France, and marketing & innovation director for the Middle East, Eastern Europe and India.
Woo, meanwhile, has been with Diageo since 2005, when he assumed the role of marketing director in Korea. He moved up to the Asian travel retail leadership in May, 2009.
The change took effect from 1 April, the spokesperson said.
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
Diageo's renewed focus on its Don Julio Tequila brand in the US is producing solid growth in the on-trade, with opportunities to expand further, according to latest figures....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research