UK: Diageo steps in for Islay jazz festival
Diageo's Lagavulin to sponsor Islay jazz fest
Diageo has said that its Lagavulin Scotch whisky will sponsor this year's jazz festival on the brand's native Islay.
This year's event, to take place from 17-19 September, will be named the Lagavulin Islay Jazz Festival.
A Diageo spokesperson told just-drinks that the annual festival attracts more than 300 visitors and has "a major economic impact on the island's hospitality industry, second only to the Islay Festival of Malts & Music in the spring".
Diageo's Scotch knowledge and heritage manager, Nick Morgan, said: “We are absolutely delighted to be able to sponsor this world-class festival, which brings so many discerning jazz lovers to venues throughout Islay."
The festival was previously sponsored by Burn Stewart Distillers' Black Bottle brand, a blend of Islay malts.
A down-in-the-dumps Richard Woodard is a Richard Woodard best-avoided. But, the spirits giants of this world can bring him out of his stupor. And, all it would take is a little bit of spending....
One of the first signs of madness, I was always told, is talking to yourself. If that's the case, then Larry Nelson may have finally lost it. Before we cart him off, though, let's listen in on his and...
Speculation has started circulating this week that Diageo may be looking to snap up Turkish spirits company Mey Içki from private equity firm TPG Capital. While Diageo won't be drawn on the rumours, a...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk