US: Diageo spreads Crown Royal NASCAR programme to cover all “US heroes”
The company said yesterday (28 July) that the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway will include the Crown Royal "Your Hero's Name Here" 400 race. The brand has sponsored the race since 2010, but called it "Your Name Here", aimed at recognising US service personnel.
Next year, however, the sponsorship will expand to “recognise all of the unsung heroes who make a difference in our communities, from firefighters and police officers to local volunteers and military members”, Diageo said.
The Crown Royal "Your Hero's Name Here" 400 will be the marquee event of the inaugural Super Weekend at the Brickyard, which also will feature a NASCAR Nationwide Series event, two GRAND-AM road races and Nationwide practice.
Following on from part one of my interview with Diageo's Africa president, Nick Blazquez, which ran last week, this week we give you the second part, in which Blazquez gives us an idea of Diageo's fut...
Late last year, Olly Wehring visited New York with Diageo, and sat down with the company's head of Africa, Nick Blazquez, for an hour. Earlier today (10 January), Diageo completed its purchase of Meta...
We have yet to see the official figures on the US spirits market in 2011, but the signs suggest that renewed momentum in premium has been maintained....
William Grant & Sons has shaken up the leadership of its operations in Canada....
Constellation Brands has confirmed a switch of chief information officer....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review