US: Diageo spreads Crown Royal NASCAR programme to cover all “US heroes”
The company said yesterday (28 July) that the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway will include the Crown Royal "Your Hero's Name Here" 400 race. The brand has sponsored the race since 2010, but called it "Your Name Here", aimed at recognising US service personnel.
Next year, however, the sponsorship will expand to “recognise all of the unsung heroes who make a difference in our communities, from firefighters and police officers to local volunteers and military members”, Diageo said.
The Crown Royal "Your Hero's Name Here" 400 will be the marquee event of the inaugural Super Weekend at the Brickyard, which also will feature a NASCAR Nationwide Series event, two GRAND-AM road races and Nationwide practice.
Following on from part one of my interview with Diageo's Africa president, Nick Blazquez, which ran last week, this week we give you the second part, in which Blazquez gives us an idea of Diageo's fut...
Late last year, Olly Wehring visited New York with Diageo, and sat down with the company's head of Africa, Nick Blazquez, for an hour. Earlier today (10 January), Diageo completed its purchase of Meta...
We have yet to see the official figures on the US spirits market in 2011, but the signs suggest that renewed momentum in premium has been maintained....
William Grant & Sons has shaken up the leadership of its operations in Canada....
Constellation Brands has confirmed a switch of chief information officer....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits