INDIA: Diageo silent on wine J-V report
Diageo has refused to be drawn on reports that it is poised to enter a deal with an Indian winery.
The Economic Times said today (20 June) that the company is in advanced talks to secure a joint venture with a Nashik-based winery, with the search narrowing down to either Mountain View and Renaissance Wineries.
Diageo has been looking to enter India's wine market of late, the paper claimed, and had opened negotiations with several players in the Nashik region including Renaissance.
When contacted by just-drinks today, however, a spokesperson for Diageo declined to comment. "Wine is a sector that interests us," the spokesperson said, "but we will not comment on press speculation."
Diageo is unlikely to pick up a stake in a winery, the paper suggested, and would roll out India specific labels through a bottling arrangement.
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
Diageo has hit back at criticism that its responsible drinking campaign, currently running on UK television, is actually glamourising excessive drinking....
Diageo has unveiled an extension of its Bushmills Irish whiskey stable, to coincide with the first global advertising campiagn for the brand....
Diageo North America is offering a special gift option for the Johnnie Walker Blue Label ultra-premium Scotch whisky brand, which will allow consumers to have a custom engraving on the bottles....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
Pernod Ricard has kept quiet over speculation that it plans to buy a Ukrainian vodka brand....
Diageo has reopened two fixed rate bonds, while launching a fresh set of notes....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research