US: Diageo silent on "vodka water" launch
The UK drinks giant is trialling Smirnoff Source, a carbonated mix of spring water, natural flavours and malt alcohol in Texas, according to a report in UK-based publication Marketing Week.
However, a spokesperson for Diageo North America refused to be drawn on the report. "I cannot comment on that," she told just-drinks today (5 September).
Diageo's RTD sales rose 3% in the year to 30 June but the company is believed to be looking to introduce new products in the category to further boost sales.
In spite of intense and mounting consumer interest in environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, organic wine is a comparatively undeveloped area of the market. But, writes Chris Losh, the curr...
Halewood International has secured the UK distribution rights to Lamb's Navy Rum....
Wine and spirits group Brown-Forman has unveiled its new board line-up....
The Portman Group is to undergo an image overhaul to reflect its role as a drinks industry regulator, the UK body said today (2 March)....
Constellation Brands has warned of "challenges" ahead in fiscal 2008 due to fierce price competition in the UK wine market, the wine glut in Australia and the decision to cut its wine inventories in t...
V&S Group has launched the first travel retail exclusive for Absolut vodka....
Central European Distribution Corporation has reported soaring full-year profits for 2006 thanks to first-time contributions from acquisitions in Poland and Hungary....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a music-based sponsorship for vodka brand Stolichnaya in the UK....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research