S KOREA: Diageo silent on tax evasion reports
Diageo has remained silent on growing press speculation that it is under investigation for tax evasion in South Korea.
The Times reported yesterday (6 June) that the drinks giant is in danger of losing its liquor licence in the country, following an inquiry into possible tax irregularities.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Diageo said: "There have been no major developments in the situation recently. We have nothing further to add on the matter."
Earlier this year, Diageo confirmed that it was under investigation in the country, but refuted that the probe concerns tax evasion. Reports in Korea had claimed that Korea's tax investigators were investigating Diageo - an allegation the company, which leads the country's Scotch whisky category, hotly denies.
Diageo is considering plans to brew its stout brand Guinness in India....
The chairman of Remy Cointreau has confirmed that the company is set to create its own distribution company in China and South-East Asia....
The UK's Scotch Whisky Association has reiterated to the Supreme Court that Indian whisky makers should be denied the right to use the words 'Scot' or 'Scotch' on their products as the words are "misl...
Speculation over the last year regarding the future of Vin & Sprit has failed to disrupt operations at the Swedish state-owned company, according to its CEO....
Skyy Spirits has entered into two distribution deals with the Scotch whisky distiller Morrison Bowmore Distillers Ltd and Compañía Licorera de Nicaragua....
Diageo has launched its Guinness Surger unit in the US....
The privatisation of Swedish state-owned alcohol concern Vin & Sprit has been brought forward as an indirect result of the US sub-prime mortgage crisis, Swedish media has reported....
Diageo has refused to be drawn on whether or not it is eyeing a stake in the Indian spirits giant United Spirits....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets