US VIRGIN ISLANDS: Diageo signs warehouse construction deal
The deal has been made through the drinks giant's subsidiary, Diageo USVI, it said today (18 February).
The construction phase of the warehouse project is expected to break ground in July 2009. The property is located at Plot 25 Estate Diamond in St. Croix.
"This warehouse project enables us to distil and mature our rum in close proximity, preserving an efficiency in our rum supply chain," said Kellye Walker, president, Diageo USVI.
The 20-acre light industrial zone site will house barrel warehouses with the capacity to store up to 200,000 barrels of rum distillate for aging.
Last June, Governor John deJongh Jr and Diageo USVI jointly announced a public-private initiative for the construction and operation of a high capacity distillery.
Diageo USVI said it had now selected Tomsa Destil, of Spain, for the design and engineering of the distillery.
Beginning in 2012, the distillery will supply all rum used to make Captain Morgan branded products for the US.
This month, Carolyn Panzer took up the position of corporate social responsibility director at Diageo, expanding her former remit as alcohol and responsibility director to cover all areas of Diageo's ...
A change in supplier payment terms earlier this year helped to boost Carlsberg's cash flow in the first half of 2009, but has drawn criticism in the UK....
Diageo has confirmed a change of brand director for its Baileys liqueur brand....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Drinks giant Diageo has countered an attack by the Scottish farmers union after it imported 3,000 tonnes of Swedish malt into Dundee....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched an advertising campaign in the US for its Cruzan rum brand....
This month a 50-year old Glenfiddich whisky was released from Scottish distiller William Grant & Sons, at US$16,500 a bottle. However, oddly enough this is not the most expensive drink ever made....
Diageo has readied an advertising campaign for its Blossom Hill wine brand in the UK....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research