UK: Diageo signs up to LIWSF spirits event
The London International Wine and Spirits Fair has lined up Diageo for next year's event.
Brintex, the show's organiser, said yesterday (8 October) that the drinks giant has signed up to attend the spirits side of the event, which is scheduled to take place in May.
Earlier this year, Brintex announced that it will change the name of the LIWSF to the London International Wine Fair, starting with next year's event. Running concurrently with the fair will be Distil, a trade event targeting the global spirits industry, which will also be held at ExCel exhibition hall in London.
As well as Diageo, Beam Global Spirits & Wine has reserved space at Distil as a launch partner. Stand space has also been reserved for agents and distributors such as Eaux de Vie and Coe Vintners, as well as group participation from Mexico and Peru, highlighting Tequila and pisco.
"Distil will provide the perfect platform for tasting, discussion and education with a route to market for global spirits companies wanting to exploit the European market place," said Brintex's event director, James Murray. "With a dedicated show and some excellent brands on board to work alongside us, we are confident that Distil will become the most effective exhibition for the global spirits industry."
Next year's event will be held between 20 and 22 May.
Fortune Brands' Beam Global Spirits & Wine appeared to be perfectly placed to swoop for Vin & Sprit, but yesterday's announcement that Pernod Ricard had won the Swedish company's hand surprised most o...
Pernod Ricard's victory in the race to buy Vin & Sprit has sent shockwaves across the global spirits industry, whilst also throwing up a vast array of questions. In a spotlight special, Jessica Harvey...
The Irish Competition Authority (ICA) has confirmed the timescale under which it will consider Heineken's Irish side of its acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Purple Beverage Company has announced the appointment of Dan Morelli as vice president of east coast sales and distribution in the US....
Maxxium has said that "nothing will change" at the distributor, following this week's announcement that Pernod Ricard is to buy Vin & Sprit....
Diageo has switched agencies for the handling of global advertising for the Baileys brand....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, owner of Canadian Club whisky, is joining Spirits Canada in a bid to reinforce its commitment to the growth of the Canadian distilled spirits industry....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report