UK: Diageo signs Grand Marnier distribution deal
Diageo has signed a deal with Marnier-Lapostolle to distribute the French group's Grand Marnier liqueur across Europe.
Diageo will distribute the liqueur range in 61 markets across Western and Eastern Europe, including Russia, former Soviet bloc countries and duty-free, Diageo said today (9 June).
Diageo will start distribution on 1 July in 26 markets, including Germany and Spain. France, along with a further four markets, will also transfer to Diageo in 2009.
Pan-European distribution is expected upon the expiration of existing contracts over the next three years.
Financial details were not disclosed.
Gilbert Ghostine, managing director of Diageo Continental Europe, said: "The Grand Marnier range is renowned for its exceptional taste, quality and heritage.
"We are confident that through our superior route to market and premium brand marketing expertise, this can only enhance the success of Grand Marnier across Europe."
Marnier-Lapostolle reported a 1.6% fall in sales in the first quarter of 2009.
Net sales for the first three months of this year fell to EUR24.8m (US$32.6m), compared to EUR25.2m for the same period last year.
On the six-month anniversary of Cobra Beer's rescue from collapse in the UK by Molson Coors, just-drinks deputy editor Chris Mercer spoke with Cobra founder Lord Karan Bilimoria about the dark days an...
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
We all know that Diageo and Pernod Ricard have held all before them in the spirits sector for a number of years. But a new report from Rabobank has shed light on how they have done it, and what the re...
The UK Government may lower the legal limit on alcohol consumption before driving in an effort to curb road deaths and serious injuries....
Diageo has hailed a deal with Kenya's Government as the perfect case study for reducing illicit alcohol consumption in Africa at the same time as increasing beer sales across the continent....
Diageo has renewed a distribution agreement with Wirtz Beverage Group in the US state of Illinois....
Diageo is to launch Guinness in Angola after signing a deal with Unicer, the Portguese drinks importer to the African country....
Alcoholic drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018