TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo shuffles exec pack
- Steve White to become GTME marketing head
- Three execs to leave
- Group talks of "synergies" between GTME and India business
Diageo announces GTME exec changes
Diageo has appointed Steve White as its marketing director for Global Travel & Middle East, as part of several executive changes at the division.
White will be based in Singapore to reflect the growing importance of Asia to Diageo's travel retail business, the group said today (28 July). He will be responsible for brand and customer marketing, as well as innovation and gifting.
Previously, White was innovation and strategy director for Johnnie Walker, a post he has held for three years. He played a major role in the launch of Johnnie Walker Double Black, which has seen strong consumer demand in Asia since its launch in travel retail last year.
White replaces Ellie Martin, who left the business a couple of months ago and was brand marketing director, A Diageo spokesperson told just-drinks. He also replaces Mike Greggs, who will become Diageo's global customer marketing director from 1 September.
White's appointment is one of several changes to the Global Travel & Middle East (GTME) team.
The division's current head of corporate relations, Tim Rycroft, will leave Diageo in August following four years in the role, the group said. A spokesperson for Diageo told just-drinks that Rycroft's replacement will be announced in the next few days.
Olaf Grewe, who only recently took on the position of sales and operations director for GTME, will also leave the business, but at the end of July. His role will come to an end, the Smirnoff distiller said.
"In his recent project role, Olaf has driven a number of key improvements and has laid the foundations for the creation of the supply chain director role," said the MD of Diageo GTME, Jane Ewing. The announcement of a supply chain director for the business will be made separately.
Meanwhile, GTME HR director Nikki Cartwright will leave Diageo in September, following six years with the division. She will be replaced by Sarah Walton, who will combined the position with her current post as HR director of Diageo India.
This, said Diageo, will enable her to "drive a number of synergies between the two businesses". Walton has been India HR director since February 2011, but has been with Diageo for nine years.
[This story was updated at 1745 (BST) on 28 July, to include details of White's predecessors and Rycroft's replacement]
Following on from part one of my interview with Diageo's Africa president, Nick Blazquez, which ran last week, this week we give you the second part, in which Blazquez gives us an idea of Diageo's fut...
Late last year, Olly Wehring visited New York with Diageo, and sat down with the company's head of Africa, Nick Blazquez, for an hour. Earlier today (10 January), Diageo completed its purchase of Meta...
We have yet to see the official figures on the US spirits market in 2011, but the signs suggest that renewed momentum in premium has been maintained....
William Grant & Sons has shaken up the leadership of its operations in Canada....
Constellation Brands has confirmed a switch of chief information officer....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research