JAMAICA: Diageo shake-up of Red Stripe sees HR head step down
The changes at Red Stripe take effect from the end of this month
Diageo has confirmed a raft of executive changes at its Red Stripe beer division that will see the unit’s HR director leave the company later this year.
In a notification to the Jamaica Stock Exchange late last week, the company said that Red Stripe’s finance director, Jed Dryer, has seen out his three-year rotation in the role and will shift to the headquarters of Diageo’s Latin America & Caribbean (LAC) arm in Miami. Dryer will assume the role of finance director for projects, but will remain on the board of Diageo’s Jamaican sales and distribution JV with PepsiCo bottler Cabcorp, Celebration Brands.
Replacing Dryer as finance director at Red Stripe on an interim basis will be the division’s group financial controller, Vernon Douglas.
Meanwhile, Lisa Lewis, Red Stripe’s HR director, will leave the role at the end of this month and will be the HR director for projects at Diageo’s WestLAC sub-division until the end of September. Thereafter, Lewis will leave Diageo “to pursue other interests”.
“As a result of a reorganisation of the operations in Red Stripe,” the statement said, “the role of human resources director will no longer exist as of 30 June.”
Lewis has spent the last five years working for Diageo.
Also as part of the reorganisation, Ali McLennan, former global beer, people & talent manager at Diageo, will be acting head of HR for Red Stripe from 1 July, while Marguerite Cremin Chung, head of corporate relations, will be taking the role of head of corporate relations for Central America and the Caribbean, effective 1 July. Her replacement will be announced in the coming weeks.
Finally, Daan De Kroon, head of Red Stripe International & Licensed Brewing, will be taking up the role of export director at recently-acquired Ypioca in Brazil.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming the company has agreed a partnership in Myanmar with South Korean beverage firm Lotte Chilsung. ...
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Luxury rum heads for slowdown as US growth stalls
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts