JAMAICA: Diageo shake-up of Red Stripe sees HR head step down
The changes at Red Stripe take effect from the end of this month
Diageo has confirmed a raft of executive changes at its Red Stripe beer division that will see the unit’s HR director leave the company later this year.
In a notification to the Jamaica Stock Exchange late last week, the company said that Red Stripe’s finance director, Jed Dryer, has seen out his three-year rotation in the role and will shift to the headquarters of Diageo’s Latin America & Caribbean (LAC) arm in Miami. Dryer will assume the role of finance director for projects, but will remain on the board of Diageo’s Jamaican sales and distribution JV with PepsiCo bottler Cabcorp, Celebration Brands.
Replacing Dryer as finance director at Red Stripe on an interim basis will be the division’s group financial controller, Vernon Douglas.
Meanwhile, Lisa Lewis, Red Stripe’s HR director, will leave the role at the end of this month and will be the HR director for projects at Diageo’s WestLAC sub-division until the end of September. Thereafter, Lewis will leave Diageo “to pursue other interests”.
“As a result of a reorganisation of the operations in Red Stripe,” the statement said, “the role of human resources director will no longer exist as of 30 June.”
Lewis has spent the last five years working for Diageo.
Also as part of the reorganisation, Ali McLennan, former global beer, people & talent manager at Diageo, will be acting head of HR for Red Stripe from 1 July, while Marguerite Cremin Chung, head of corporate relations, will be taking the role of head of corporate relations for Central America and the Caribbean, effective 1 July. Her replacement will be announced in the coming weeks.
Finally, Daan De Kroon, head of Red Stripe International & Licensed Brewing, will be taking up the role of export director at recently-acquired Ypioca in Brazil.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming the company has agreed a partnership in Myanmar with South Korean beverage firm Lotte Chilsung. ...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review