GLOBAL: Diageo set to revamp Tanqueray gin offering
A source close to the company has told just-drinks today (20 March) that Tanqueray will be the subject of a packaging upgrade "within the next calendar year".
The current bottle, which resembles a cocktail shaker, was released five years ago. The brand was bolstered in the summer of 2006 by a portfolio addition, Tanqueray Rangpur, which was initially launched in the US.
In February, the company highlighted Tanqueray's performance in North America, which is the gin's "absolute power base", according to the company. The brand is one of Diageo's eight global priority brands, along with Johnnie Walker and Guinness, among others.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Diageo declined to confirm its specific plans for Tanqueray. "We have an ongoing programme of renovation of packaging across our brands, each one of which is designed to remain relevant to the consumers we are targeting," the spokesperson said.
Ensuring that a category actually tastes how it should, might seem a fairly fundamental requirement in the drinks industry. But are there brands exploiting the name of gin and undermining its long-ter...
The Marin Institute has attacked alcohol companies in the US for failing to provide an adequate complaint system for advertising in the country....
Diageo has lined up the rollout of a limited edition variant from its Bundaberg stable in Australia....
Diageo has launched a 'nautical' extension of its Talisker Scotch whisky portfolio....
Constellation Brands has said that Andrey Grumondz will be the wine giant's first sales director to be based in Russia, as it looks to boost wine sales in the country....
The Glenmorangie Company has lined up the sale of its Glen Moray distillery in Scotland to French spirits company La Martiniquaise....
Cobra Beer has launched an additional variant for its Cobra Bite range in the UK, aimed squarely at females in the country....
Lehman Brothers, the fourth largest US investment house and adviser to several drinks companies, has collapsed into bankruptcy....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research