UK: Diageo sees trading in line with forecasts
Diageo said today (17 October) that trading during its first quarter was in line with profit forecasts it made at its annual results in August.
The UK drinks giant predicted that it would see organic operating profit growth of at least 7% for the 2007 fiscal year.
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh said: "'Trading in the first quarter supports that guidance and therefore we reiterate that fiscal 07 guidance this afternoon.
"In North America, in this first quarter Diageo has again gained share in a beverage alcohol market which continues to benefit from positive demographics and the consumer's preference for premium brands."
Walsh insisted that Diageo had performed better in Europe and had seen "double-digit" revenue growth in Russia. However, these results had been offset by weakness in Spain and continued slower Guinness sales in Ireland and the UK.
Diageo also saw "continued strong growth" in Latin America during its first quarter, he added.
Diageo has secured an "arms-length investment partnership" with a cocktail mixer company in the US....
A Bordeaux wine producer has been fined EUR3,000 (US$4,038) and given a suspended sentence of two months in prison for labelling his rosé wine as clariet....
Diageo is extending its Johnnie Walker whisky portfolio, with a launch into the ultra deluxe segment in Europe and the Americas....
Systembolaget has been accused of favouritism in exchange for jobs in Sweden....
Diageo is hoping to draw a better consumer understanding of where its Smirnoff vodka brand comes from. The company, which unveiled a multi-platform global campaign for the vodka yesterday (9 April), i...
Anheuser-Busch has come out fighting against claims it is targeting children with one of its alcoholic brands....
US bottled water sales and consumption continue to rise, as consumers increasingly choose bottled water over other beverages, according to figures out this week....
Diageo is preparing a multi-platform global campaign for its Smirnoff vodka brand....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review