UK: Diageo sees trading in line with forecasts
Diageo said today (17 October) that trading during its first quarter was in line with profit forecasts it made at its annual results in August.
The UK drinks giant predicted that it would see organic operating profit growth of at least 7% for the 2007 fiscal year.
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh said: "'Trading in the first quarter supports that guidance and therefore we reiterate that fiscal 07 guidance this afternoon.
"In North America, in this first quarter Diageo has again gained share in a beverage alcohol market which continues to benefit from positive demographics and the consumer's preference for premium brands."
Walsh insisted that Diageo had performed better in Europe and had seen "double-digit" revenue growth in Russia. However, these results had been offset by weakness in Spain and continued slower Guinness sales in Ireland and the UK.
Diageo also saw "continued strong growth" in Latin America during its first quarter, he added.
Diageo has secured an "arms-length investment partnership" with a cocktail mixer company in the US....
A Bordeaux wine producer has been fined EUR3,000 (US$4,038) and given a suspended sentence of two months in prison for labelling his rosé wine as clariet....
Diageo is extending its Johnnie Walker whisky portfolio, with a launch into the ultra deluxe segment in Europe and the Americas....
Systembolaget has been accused of favouritism in exchange for jobs in Sweden....
Diageo is hoping to draw a better consumer understanding of where its Smirnoff vodka brand comes from. The company, which unveiled a multi-platform global campaign for the vodka yesterday (9 April), i...
Anheuser-Busch has come out fighting against claims it is targeting children with one of its alcoholic brands....
US bottled water sales and consumption continue to rise, as consumers increasingly choose bottled water over other beverages, according to figures out this week....
Diageo is preparing a multi-platform global campaign for its Smirnoff vodka brand....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends