UK: Diageo seeks sparkling spirits patent
Diageo has applied to patent a method of making naturally sparkling spirits in the UK, the company has confirmed.
The UK drinks giant said today (3 November) that it has filed a patent that describes how to create the sparkle. The patent details mixing a spirit with a yeast and a fermentable carbohydrate to create the sparkle.
Diageo said it is committed to innovation and that it is investing "significant amounts into new product development".
However, a spokesperson played down the prospect of Diageo, famous for spirits brands including Smirnoff vodka and Gordon's gin, unveiling a sparkling spirit in the UK.
She said: "There are no plans to launch any sparkling spirits in the UK at present."
Last week, Diageo confirmed it would begin trials of a red-coloured Guinness in the UK to revive flat sales of the iconic Irish stout. Guinness volumes in the UK were down 1% in the year to 30 June.
Vin & Sprit has lined up a fresh global advertising campaign for its Absolut vodka brand....
Diageo is looking to focus heavily on its premium market by offering up more innovative ways for them to connect with key brands....
V&S Group has reported double digit growth in both operating profit and profit after tax in its first quarter, despite a fall in net sales, which were hit by exchange rate fluctuations...
Diageo Great Britain plans to launch a heavyweight marketing and advertising campaign to push sales of Pimm's over the summer in the UK....
A milk beer, a caffeine-infused vodka and water with flower essences are some of the new drinks products launched this month....
Belvédère has completed its purchase of Florida Distillers Company from V&S Group....
Luctor International is bringing a new vodka flavour to its Van Gogh brand in the US....
Davide Campari-Milano has trimmed the size of its board and issued dividend details....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review