INDIA: Diageo secures retail tie-up
The drinks giant confirmed late last week that it has teamed up with Reliance Fresh in the country. Financial details of the agreement were not disclosed.
"We are very excited to announce this tie-up with Reliance Fresh," said Asif Adil, managing director of Diageo India. "Earlier this year, Diageo had introduced its exclusive wine portfolio in select outlets across the country. This tie-up with Reliance will allow many more consumers the chance to experience our range of international brands. This association will harness the strengths of two major players in the liquor industry and the retail segment."
Local reports have suggested that Diageo is in talks with three other retailers in the country, although Adil would not be drawn on the claims.
Adil also noted that Diageo will launch its domestic wines "soon", although no further details were given.
Warnings of a looming economic crisis are causing jitters in many consumer markets, and the drinks industry is no exception. Chris Losh assesses the mood among key players in the US, the UK and elsew...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The auction for Vin & Sprit has begun, according to reports....
Britvic has appointed EMAP's chief marketing officer as its marketing director....
Blosson Hill has announced plans to launch its draft wine font to the UK on-trade in March....
Pernod Ricard has refused to be drawn on whether it has submitted a preliminary bid for Vin & Sprit....
The Swedish authorities have warned that the current turbulence on global markets could slow the sale of Vin & Sprit....
Morgan Stanley has upgraded its coverage of Diageo....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research