US: Diageo seals Ketel One listing with American Airlines
Diageo has secured the first in-flight listing for its Ketel One vodka brand in the Americas.
The company confirmed yesterday (26 March) that the brand, which Diageo owns in partnership with The Nolet Group, will be available on American Airlines flights going forward.
"We are working closely with (in-flight duty free concessionaire) DFASS to premiumise the in-flight duty free retail offer," said Ketel One's customer director, Casey Williams. "The in-flight channel offers us the additional time and expanded opportunity to engage, entertain and educate the consumer."
The retail listing on-board American Airlines consists of a 1-litre bottle in a gift box with, in its first configuration, a purchase gift of a logo'ed pouring measure.
The company has created an incentive programme, which includes the prize of a Ketel One-emblazoned Smart Car for the top performing in-flight Ketel One sales person at American Airlines.
Diageo secured a deal a year ago with the Nolet family to form a new company owning the exclusive global rights to sell, market and distribute Ketel One.
With today marking the celebrations of the 250th anniversary of the Guinness stout brand, just-drinks is in Dublin to speak to Guinness' global brand director, Brian Duffy....
Diageo has fought a successful public relations rearguard action to shut the door on alternatives to its proposed job cuts in Scotland....
The recession has prompted trading down in the spirits market, even putting the brakes on the seemingly ever-increasing premium vodka category. With reference to a new IWSR/just-drinks report, Ben Coo...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Imperial Brands, a subsidiary of Belvedere, has added two flavours to its Sobieski vodka brand for the US market....
The travel retail arm of French drinks firm Belvédère has updated the aluminium bottle for the company's Danzka vodka brand....
Wells and Young's has launched a new bottle design for its Red Stripe beer....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Kevin George as senior vice president and global chief marketing officer....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends