UK: Diageo rolls-out Smirnoff Espresso to UK
Click through to view the new version of Smirnoff Espresso
The 37.5%abv Smirnoff Espresso is being launched in the UK next month, the company announced yesterday (18 March). The product is described as a “blend of Smirnoff Red with the natural flavour of espresso coffee... extracted from real coffee beans”. It will retail at GBP16.49 (US$24.90).
A previous version of Smirnoff Espresso was launched in May 2011 in the travel retail sector. Prior to that an espresso version of Smirnoff Blue was released in the US in March 2010. The product is also available in Thailand, India and Australia, according to a Diageo spokesperson.
Karen O’Shea, Smirnoff's western Europe marketing manager: said: “There is a significant opportunity to grow flavoured vodka sales in the UK, as we can learn from the US where flavoured vodka accounts for 18% of the total Vodka category."
In the UK, Smirnoff Espresso will be available in Morrisons and Tesco and on-trade outlets.
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a ...
Diageo and Pernod Ricard have teamed up with other Scotch whisky makers to start twice-weekly shipments from Speyside by train....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research