US: Diageo rolls out Johnnie Walker Platinum blend
Click through to view Johnnie Walker Platinum Label
The blend, first launched in Asia in December 2011, will be available "nationwide" in the US from this month for US$110, Diageo said yesterday (20 August). The Platinum rollout is the Johnnie Walker brand's biggest launch since Blue Label, said Brian Radics, Diageo's director of Scotch Whisky.
“It has been received extremely well globally,” he added.
To read an exclusive just-drinks article on Diageo's search for the next Johnnie Walker, click here.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller