UK: Diageo rolls out autumn spirits campaign
Diageo has announced a category-wide campaign in a bid to maximise spirit sales in the UK this Autumn.
The campaign, entitled 'Autumn Mellow Spirits', is backed by a GBP300,000 (US$560,278) investment that will include print advertising, sampling and in store POS.
Diageo UK said today (18 August) that the campaign follows on from the company's summer initiative and focuses on drinks relevant to autumn occasions.
"Diageo is committed to growing the spirits category for retailers and much like our summer initiative we're pleased that we're able to offer a campaign which will help achieve this," said Ali Wilkes, Diageo UK's marketing manager for spirits. "As the seasons change, so do consumers tastes, meaning they want different drinks to suit the occasions."
Serves include Bell's Blended Scotch whisky and ginger, Baileys Irish Cream on ice, Pimm's Winter spirit drink and warm apple juice and Morgan's Spiced and cola.
Earlier this month, Diageo UK announced plans to build a bioenergy facility at Scotland's largest distillery, Cameronbridge in Fife. The facility is being built as part of a formal partnership agreement with energy management company Dalkia.
Recent self-regulatory measures announced in the US and the UK serve to underline how critical the issue of youth protection is to the alcohol industry and its attempts to project a socially responsib...
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh has affirmed the group's desire to increase its presence in India, but said that talks with Vijay Mallya's United Spirits remain in the preliminary stages....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Drinks giant Diageo is considering cutting jobs as part of a cost savings programme designed to save up to GBP100m (US$142m) annually....
Diageo has reported an 18% rise in sales and net profit for its fiscal first half, but cut full-year guidance due to weakened economies in key markets....
Functional beverages and premium chocolate are two of the food and drink categories being eyed by a investment fund set up to provide finance for small UK firms amid the economic downturn....
Whyte & Mackay has declined to comment on reports claiming that its owner, United Spirits, is considering selling off up to 49% of its stake in the Scotch whisky company....
Corby Distilleries, the licence holder for Pernod Ricard's brands in Canada, has reported a 3.5% rise in revenue for its fiscal first half year, but saw profit hit by the weak Canadian dollar....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends