Diageo revamps calorie information website
Diageo first launched DrinkiQ in 2008
Diageo has beefed up its online information portal DrinkiQ, adding more nutritional content for its products and a calculator to help track alcohol and calorie intake.
The revamped website, launched today, includes for the first time a breakdown of fat, sugar, caffeine and salt content to go with calories, carbohydrates and protein. Diageo said the move will help consumers "make more informed choices about alcohol".
"We believe in helping people to understand what's in their drink and to make informed choices about drinking or not drinking," said Carolyn Panzer, Diageo's alcohol in society director. "Alcohol is alcohol. There is no drink of moderation - only a practice of moderation."
The drinks calculator allows consumers to track the amount of alcohol they are drinking per serving and how many calories they have consumed for a range of common drinks, Diageo said. The website, which the company first launched in 2008, also includes tips on responsible drinking and how food, age, size and gender affects how the body processes alcohol.
The upgrade follows Diageo's commitment to add nutritional information on the labels of its global brands, announced last March.
European alcohol producers have stepped up efforts to provide calorie and nutritional details on their products as EU regulators bring new scrutiny to the sector. Brewers of Europe members pledged last year to show calorie counts and ingredients for all beers ahead of a report from the European Commission.
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Diageo plc (Diageo) is an alcoholic beverages company that produces, distributes, and sells spirits, beer, and wine products. Its portfolio includes scotch, beer, vodka, Indian made foreign liquor, N...
Diageo Great Britain Ltd is part of Diageo Plc, which is the largest manufacturer and distributor of spirits and a major producer of beer and RTDs, operating in more than 20 markets across the Globe....
The company is continuing to invest in premium and super premium segments with acquisitions of brands like Tequila Don Julio and by better controlling and harmonising its luxury portfolio....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Irish whisky exports forecast to double by 2020
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits