Diageo revamps calorie information website
Diageo first launched DrinkiQ in 2008
Diageo has beefed up its online information portal DrinkiQ, adding more nutritional content for its products and a calculator to help track alcohol and calorie intake.
The revamped website, launched today, includes for the first time a breakdown of fat, sugar, caffeine and salt content to go with calories, carbohydrates and protein. Diageo said the move will help consumers "make more informed choices about alcohol".
"We believe in helping people to understand what's in their drink and to make informed choices about drinking or not drinking," said Carolyn Panzer, Diageo's alcohol in society director. "Alcohol is alcohol. There is no drink of moderation - only a practice of moderation."
The drinks calculator allows consumers to track the amount of alcohol they are drinking per serving and how many calories they have consumed for a range of common drinks, Diageo said. The website, which the company first launched in 2008, also includes tips on responsible drinking and how food, age, size and gender affects how the body processes alcohol.
The upgrade follows Diageo's commitment to add nutritional information on the labels of its global brands, announced last March.
European alcohol producers have stepped up efforts to provide calorie and nutritional details on their products as EU regulators bring new scrutiny to the sector. Brewers of Europe members pledged last year to show calorie counts and ingredients for all beers ahead of a report from the European Commission.
Diageo plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
Canadean's "Diageo plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....read more
Canadean's "Diageo plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Diageo plc (Diageo) is an alcoholic beverages company that produces, distributes, and sells spirits, beer, and wine products....
Diageo Great Britain Ltd is part of Diageo Plc, which is the largest manufacturer and distributor of spirits and a major producer of beer and RTDs, operating in more than 20 markets across the Globe....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020