US: Diageo renews distribution deal with Southern Wine & Spirits of America
Diageo has renewed its distribution deal with Southern Wine & Spirits of America in the US and said that it has negotiated stronger support for its brands in key markets.
Diageo said today (18 October) that it has renewed the contract for Southern Wine & Spirits (SWS) to be the exclusive distributor for the group's spirits and wine in California, Florida, Hawaii, Kentucky, Indiana and Alaska. The deal also includes continued distribution of wine in Oregon.
The drinks company declined to detail how long the contract has been renewed for. Southern Wine & Spirits has been an exclusive distributor for Diageo in several US states since 2002.
As part of the new deal, Diageo said that it has agreed with SWS that extra resources will be given to key states, as well as to target multicultural communities, the on-trade and innovation. In addition, SWS' national selling account for Diageo wine and spirits will be led by Gerry Rivero, who has been appointed as executive VP-general manager of the corporate Coastal-Pacific Wine & Spirits Group.
Diageo USA's president, Larry Schwartz, said: "Southern Wine & Spirits has consistently proven to be a standout leader in the industry, and our new agreements in eight states will accelerate the growth of our mutual businesses.”
Earlier this year, Diageo announced the appointment of SWS as the new national broker for Diageo wine and spirits in US control states. It will also represent Diageo’s Chateau & Estate Wines portfolio in the five control states for wine.
In these modern times, as the world gets smaller, Diageo would appear to be embracing the softly-softly approach of the post-colonial age....
Diageo has confirmed the appointment of a permanent chief procurement officer....
The International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP) has released a set of reports looking at the issue of drink-driving in four emerging markets....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report