UK: Diageo recruits Lewis Hamilton for anti-drink drive campaign
Diageo has recruited Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton alongside rival Mika Häkkinen for anti-drink drive campaign in the UK.
Hamilton and Häkkinen turned out in London today (11 December) to drive two of the city's iconic black cabs, as part of the Johnnie Walker whisky anti-drink drive campaign.
Last year, 460 people were killed and approximately 1,750 seriously injured in the UK as a result of drinking and driving, according to Departmern of Transport figures.
Diageo Europe president Andrew Morgan said that the presence of the Formula 1 stars added "real impact" to the drink drive message. London mayor Boris Johnson was present at today's event in the UK capital.
The move is part of Diageo's, and the industry's, commitment to increase the promotion of responsible alcohol consumption.
Last week, the UK government launched its own annual drink drive campaign for the Christmas period.
Like prominent Indian companies in many sectors, spirits producer United Spirits India has not only benefited from the rapid development of its domestic market but is also expanding its own internatio...
Molson Coors rescued Cobra Beer from administration late last week, picking up a 50.1% stake in the company's UK operations....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch and premium gin division of Pernod Ricard, has unveiled a website for its Scotch whisky brand Chivas Regal....
Bacardi has named the current director of its global gin division, Andrew Carter, as its new managing director for travel retail business....
Scotch whisky companies have pledged to cut their use of fossil fuels by 80% by 2050, under an industry-wide environmental strategy....
Diageo is to become the first international spirits firm to enter the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, after securing a deal with state authorities, according to a report....
Pernod Ricard is in talks over fresh disposals after completing the sale of Wild Turkey to Campari for US$581m....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015