GLOBAL: Diageo readies Bushmills packaging upgrade
The new-look Bushmills. Click below to view old versus new.
Diageo has released updated packaging for its single malt variants in the Bushmills Irish whiskey stable.
The company confirmed earlier this week that Bushmills' 10-, 16- and 21-year-old single malts will benefit from the revamp, which is now available in global travel and “key Bushmills markets”. The packaging features imagery of the Old Bushmills Distillery, embossing highlighting the 1608 original licence to distil date and a display of the trademark Bushmills pot still.
“We know that today’s consumer wants to know, more than ever before, that what they’re buying has real heritage and roots,” said global brand director Sam Reader. “As we designed our new packaging we wanted to create something that would ... emphasise the authenticity of Bushmills Single Malts.”
The packaging was unveiled at an event at Irish bar Waxy O’Connor’s in London on Tuesday evening (2 November), hosted by master blender Helen Mulholland.
Bushmills is the third largest Irish whiskey brand, behind Pernod Ricard's Jameson and William Grant & Sons' Tullamore Dew, with around 9.7% market share globally.
We should not be too surprised that Diageo has ended its flirtation with Stock Spirits....
Skalli has poached an executive from Pernod Ricard to head up its 'premium channel' sales in the UK....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research