INDIA: Diageo readies Baileys launch, Johnnie Walker relaunch for India
The company's Indian unit confirmed this week that Baileys, the Irish liqueur brand, will be available across the country in 750ml bottles at a price of INR1,800 (US$45.10). "By launching Baileys, Diageo has just spiced up the liqueur category in India," said Asif Adil, managing director of Diageo India. "Baileys will appeal to our consumers as a premium brand and a 'society symbol'."
An updated Johnnie Walker Gold Label bottle, meanwhile, is the main signifier of a relaunch for the Scotch whisky. "Johnnie Walker Gold Label is the whisky of celebration," Adil said. "We have redesigned this special whisky to underline its core values of celebration, richness and quality."
The company claims that four bottles of Johnnie Walker are consumed every second, with over 120m bottles sold each year in over 200 countries.
Heineken has received unconditional approval from the Irish Competition Authority for its acquisition of Beamish & Crawford....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A 100-year-old bottle of Scotch whisky, discovered in a cupboard in the US and considered one of the rarest in the world, is going up for auction next month....
Diageo has removed the "Special" from its Crown Royal Special Reserve brand, but claims it has not altered the Canadian whisky's composition....
Berry Bros. & Rudd has lined up the latest addition to its Blue Hanger blended Scotch portfolio....
Supplies of flavoured malt beverages to Utah may cease, following new state laws restricting access to the drinks, Diageo and other drinks firms have said....
Italian drinks group Campari has begun building a new factory to produce spirits brands in Brazil....
Burgundy-based drinks group Boisset is selling its spirits branch to French counterpart, La Martiniquaise, for an undisclosed sum....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research