CANADA: Diageo re-launches Crown Royal Special Reserve
The brand has been re-launched as Crown Royal Reserve, along with a new packaging design, Diageo announced today (2 October).
A specific reason for the name change remained unclear.
"While the name and packaging have changed, Crown Royal Reserve is the same rich combination of fine whiskies as the previously named Special Reserve, each individually selected by Master Blender Andrew MacKay," the drinks giant said.
Crown Royal Reserve, one of the biggest selling premium whiskies in the US, is made with more than 50 blended and individually aged whiskies in French Cognac barrels, Diageo said.
The re-launched brand has a suggested retail price of US$45.
Proposed new legislation in Scotland aimed at tackling alcohol abuse has sparked huge debate. Chris Losh believes the plans display muddled thinking and fail once again to address the real cultural pr...
Drambuie is to link up with whisky distiller Morrison Bowmore in Scotland, as group CEO Phil Parnell tells just-drinks that the group is in good financial shape to weather the recession....
Nearly 700 bottles of rare Highland Park single malt whisky are to be rereleased on the UK market, after being discovered in Japanese warehouses....
Diageo has secured the first in-flight listing for its Ketel One vodka brand in the Americas....
Talks on a free trade deal bewteen the EU and South Korea, which could include lower tariffs for Scotch whisky imports, are set to take place at next week's G20 summit in London....
Constellation Brands has completed the sale of its "value" spirits business to Sazerac Co for a total of US$334m....
Whyte & Mackay has appointed a new CEO. The Scotch whisky firm, which was bought by India's UB Group in 2007, said today (24 March) that John Beard started in the new position yesterday, replacing Ash...
Diageo GB is taking advantage of plummeting media rates to ramp up support for its spirits brands in 2009....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends