UK: Diageo re-invests in Smirnoff ‘Sea’ ad
Activity for the 'Sea' advertising campaign, which originally launched last year, will see a GBP4.5m (US$8.9m) investment in returning the ad to TV screens and cinemas during film trailers .
"When we launched Sea in 2007, we were confident that we had found an innovative way of growing the profitable vodka category by creating an inspirational advert," said Chris Lock, marketing manager for Smirnoff at Diageo. "A year on, this expectation has materialised into proven results, with research showing that the campaign significantly increased consumers' view that Smirnoff was always of the highest quality and purity."
The Sea advert shows the purification process that the makers of Smirnoff go through to create its vodka.
"Sea is also a proven cash generator for the off-trade, with last years' activity resulting in a GBP8.8m increase in retail sales value, in direct relation to the campaign running. With this success story behind it, we are increasing our investment behind the ad, and expect the latest activity to further assist retailers in benefiting from the Smirnoff sales opportunity."
Constellation Brands posted a 30% drop in third-quarter net income this week and lowered its profit outlook, hit by the effects of the global downturn on its major markets. Michelle Russell assesses r...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Marani Brands has signed a deal to become spirits sponsor of this year's photo l.a. and Art LA expositions....
Irish whiskey distillers are in the advanced stages of drafting a document to give their products protected name status in the EU....
International spirits firms such as Diageo and Pernod Ricard face a tough year in China as an economic slowdown hits consumer confidence, the author of a new study in the country has told just-drinks....
The third Red Stripe Music Award competition begins this month, as owner Diageo looks to build the lager brand's association with live music....
Constellation Brands has posted a 30% plunge in reported net profit for its third quarter, as sales in Europe struggled....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research