Diageo ramps up Beckham's Haig Club Scotch release
The single-grain whisky was first released in July
Diageo has put the David Beckham-backed Haig Club Scotch whisky on full release in the UK ahead of a launch in Asia and the US.
The company said today the single-grain Scotch is now available in the UK's off- and on-trade, priced at GBP45 (US$72) per 70cl bottle. Haig Club will go on sale in China, South Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and the US “in the next few weeks” with other markets to follow.
The whisky was rolled out in the UK in July with the support of Beckham and British media mogul Simon Fuller and was available for a limited time in Singapore's Changi airport last month.
In a world where sustainability is placed ever higher on the corporate agenda, multinational companies no longer speak solely in terms of shareholder interest but often of the interests of 'stakeholde...
Diageo and Treasury Wine Estates have refused to be drawn on speculation that Diageo is about to offload its wine business, which includes Blossom Hill, to Australia's Treasury Wine Estates....
Spirits consumers in the UK are becoming disillusioned with the usual range of spirits and are looking for products that emphasise creativity, according to recent research....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Stock Spirits, Distell add UK to partnership
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts