VIETNAM: Diageo raises stake in Hanoi Liquor Joint Stock Co
Diageo ups stake in Hanoi Liquor Joint Stock Co
Diageo has agreed deals to raise its stake in Vietnam's Hanoi Liquor Joint Stock Co to 30%, as part of its strategy to expand in fast-growing spirits markets.
Diageo said today (24 August) that it has signed deals to acquire a further 5.07% of Hanoi Liquor Joint Stock Co (Halico) via the the purchase of public shares in the company. It has agreed to pay GBP6.4m (US$10.5m) for the extra stake, which brings Diageo's total shareholding in Halico to 30%.
The drinks giant said that it is processing the transactions in order to "full complete" the stake increase. "Diageo is confident that, by partnering with Halico, we both can successfully leverage Vietnamese consumers’ growing demand for branded spirits such as Vodka Hanoi," said Diageo's president for Asia-Pacific, Gilbert Ghostine.
In January, Diageo announced that it would acquire an initial 23.6% stake in Halico for GBP33m, as well as establish a strategic partnership with the company. Until today's announcement, Diageo had taken its share to 24.93% via the purchase of additional shares.
Pernod Ricard's CEO, Pierre Pringuet, has said that Europe remains a "bastion" for the group, despite seeing growth increasingly driven by so-called emerging markets....
Major spirits companies grouped within the European Forum for Responsible Drinking have launched a website to help others promote their brands responsibly on the internet....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India