Diageo puts David Beckham in spotlight for Haig Club Clubman ad
Diageo's new print campaign for Clubman shows Beckham in Miami.
Diageo has unveiled the first adverts for Haig Club Clubman, the second expression from its David Beckham-backed single grain Scotch whisky range.
The Clubman print campaign was shot by fashion photographer Glen Luchford and shows Beckham drinking a Scotch and cola in Miami. Diageo said the new push attempts to "disrupt" the perception of where Scotch can be drunk and show off Haig Club as "a brand rooted in style and sociability".
"This unique approach is how we will continue to drive the vibrancy and momentum of the Scotch category," the company added.
The advertisements will begin to roll out this month. Haig Club Clubman is currently available in the UK for GBP25 (US$33) per 70cl bottle.
Clubman was rolled out last month as a cheaper alternative to the original Haig Club, released in 2014. The name comes from a 1920s advertising campaign, in which Haig was described as 'The Clubman's Whisky'.
On 9 May, Diageo is hosting its latest Capital Markets Day for analysts and investors, in London. Ahead of the group's presentations, Anthony Bucalo, global beverages analyst at HSBC, has prepared a l...
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Diageo Great Britain Ltd is part of Diageo Plc, which is the largest manufacturer and distributor of spirits and a major producer of beer and RTDs, operating in more than 20 markets across the Globe....
Diageo want to introduce durable cocktails into Belgium....
The company is continuing to invest in premium and super premium segments with acquisitions of brands like Tequila Don Julio and by better controlling and harmonising its luxury portfolio....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report