INDIA: Diageo promotes internally for new India MD
A new MD has been appointed for Diageo's Indian operations
Diageo has confirmed the appointment of a new MD for its operations in India.
The company, which had kept the position vacant since May, said yesterday (5 September) that Abanti Shankaranarayanan has been promoted internally to fill the role. Shankaranarayanan, who had been appointed deputy MD for India at the beginning of this year, joined Diageo as marketing & innovation director in June 2010.
She replaces Roland Abella as leader of Diageo India, after he was transferred to Singapore to become MD of Diageo's Global Travel and Middle East (GTME) division. Abella, who became MD of Diageo India in early-2009, made the move to GTME at the beginning of May.
Shankaranarayanan worked in the marketing division of Tata Administrative Service prior to joining Diageo.
Here's the third part of this month's management briefing, which looks at three of the world's largest brewers and their efforts in the environmental sustainability arena....
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets