INDIA: Diageo promotes execs at United Spirits, steps up links
Diageo is now the largest shareholder of the Indian group
Paramjit Singh Gill and Amrit Thomas, who previously served as deputy presidents at United Spirits, have both been promoted. Gill has been appointed as president of sales and operations, while Thomas will step up to the role of chief marketing officer, The Times of India reported.
Sources close to the companies confirmed the reports.
The pair will work with PA Murali, who is already chief financial officer (CFO) at USL, in the top team that will be headed by CEO-designate Anand Kripalu. The appointment of Kripalu was confirmed last week.
Diageo, which became the major shareholder of USL in July, is using the group as its sales agent in India. USL started handling Diageo's brands in India yesterday (October 1) and will receive a 6% fee on the sales achieved, it is understood.
Last November, then-USL chairman, Vijay Mallya, denied he had "sold the family silver" by doing a deal with Diageo.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
India’s largest spirits producer, UB Group’s United Spirits, came under the control of global leader, Diageo, in 2013. The profile analyses the most promising ways forward for United Spirits’ strong d...
While many drinks companies have highlighted Africa as a continent that offers huge potential, the region is not without its well-documented perils and pitfalls. Most notable among these is the logist...
"The Future of the Wine Market in New Zealand to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company researc...
For as long as many of us can remember, international spirits has been a profitable category for investors....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during January 2014. Summary Using ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research