S KOREA: Diageo promotes Asian exec to local MD post
Diageo has appointed a new head for its business in South Korea.
JongWoo Kim, who joined the UK-based drinks giant last year as commercial director in Asia, has been named as managing director of Diageo Korea. JongWoo replaces Duck Song, who passed away earlier this month.
Before joining Diageo, JongWoo worked as general manager of the Taiwanese operations of Philip Morris. He also worked for the tobacco giant in Switzerland.
Although Diageo refuses to disclose sales figures on a market-by-market basis, last month the company said it had strengthened its leadership of the Scotch whisky sector in South Korea during the six months to 31 December.
While growth in Irish whiskey has been fostered by Pernod Ricard and latterly Diageo, the category's progress has also allowed independent producer Cooley Distillery to expand. In this month's just-dr...
The Indian spirits sector has undoubted growth potential, on the back of a growing economy, an expanding middle class and rising disposable income but international companies face many obstacles as th...
Diageo has unveiled an addition to its Jose Cuervo Tequila portfolio in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wines has poached a director at Diageo to become its UK marketing director....
Rémy Cointreau has confirmed that it is looking for new deals in readiness for its exit from Maxxium....
Vin & Sprit has declined to comment on claims that it may have to pay up to SEK6bn (US$893m) to extract itself from two distribution agreements, should it be sold by the Swedish government....
Interest in the working party on Scotch whisky image and innovation, organised by the World Whiskies Conference, has grown to the extent that a second session has been organised....
Diageo has unveiled its largest consumer promotion so far for its Baileys Original Irish Cream brand in Europe....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future