UK: Diageo prepares packaging revamp for Blossom Hill
The drinks giant said today that the packaging revamp will be "the focus for Blossom Hill's sales and marketing strategy going forward", and forms part of a communications, trade marketing and new product development plan for this year. Included in the campaign is the launch of consumer website www.blossomhill.com, the launch of Blossom Hill Perfect Glass, sponsorship of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championship and a prime time television advertising push.
"We want to redefine the wine market with a packaging that is truly iconic," said Blossom Hill brand manager Carol Chan. "The wine aisle is still very confusing and crowded and we know that many consumers struggle to find what they want. We wanted the new look to have really excellent shelf stand-out while expressing its premium credentials through the materials and images used. Above all, we wanted to communicate Blossom Hill's personality - it's vibrant, approachable and appealing."
Earlier this week, Diageo said it will be adding six new wines from three other wine-producing countries to its UK offering in the coming weeks. The Blossom Hill selection will comprise a Pinot Grigio and a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo from Italy, a Sauvignon Blanc and a Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile, and a Chenin Blanc and a Shiraz from South Africa.
Gloomy talk of a global economic slowdown have so far failed to dilute growth in the US vodka category. One of the better known contenders in the segment - if only for its ocean blue-coloured bottle -...
The South African whisky market grew by an estimated 16.2% in 2007 to over 3.5m cases. According to The IWSR's South Africa Wine and Spirits 2008 report, growth was largely driven by Jameson, Jack Dan...
Diageo is looking to take a more active role in Masterstroke whisky, the brand jointly launched by Diageo and Radico Khaitan in India last year....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo is extending the availability of its Johnnie Walker Blue Label King George V Edition to Australia....
Cocktail mixer specialist Stirrings is unveiling its first digital advertising campaign in the US....
Diageo has announced a category-wide campaign in a bid to maximise spirit sales in the UK this Autumn....
Guinness brewer Diageo Ireland has strongly denied claims that it is abusing its beer market dominance, as angry farmers marched on the drinks group's Dublin headquarters....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends