UK: Diageo plc and Pernod Ricard SA to acquire Seagram spirits and wine business
Diageo plc and Pernod Ricard SA today confirm that they have signed an agreement to acquire the spirits and wine business of The Seagram Company Ltd., for US$8.15 billion (£5.5 billion) in cash on a debt free basis. The purchase consideration will be funded by Diageo and Pernod Ricard as to $5.0 billion by Diageo and as to $3.15 billion by Pernod Ricard. The agreement is principally conditional on clearance by the anti-trust regulatory authorities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit