UK: Diageo plc and Pernod Ricard SA to acquire Seagram spirits and wine business
Diageo plc and Pernod Ricard SA today confirm that they have signed an agreement to acquire the spirits and wine business of The Seagram Company Ltd., for US$8.15 billion (£5.5 billion) in cash on a debt free basis. The purchase consideration will be funded by Diageo and Pernod Ricard as to $5.0 billion by Diageo and as to $3.15 billion by Pernod Ricard. The agreement is principally conditional on clearance by the anti-trust regulatory authorities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review