UK: Diageo plans Tanqueray campaign
The company said the GBP500,000 (US$978,000) print campaign is aimed at "increasing consumer awareness of the growing brand".
With the tagline 'A Taste Of Intensity', the creatives feature intense moments, such as a ballerina on tip-toes in mid-performance, a trumpeter hitting a high note and the strain on a deep-sea fishing line. They will appear in style press such as Arena and GQ, as well as in selected national newspaper supplements.
Tanqueray off-trade sales in the UK have grown by 25% during the past 12 months, against a flat gin sector, which Diageo said reflected the growth of premium brands across the spirits category.
"There is a real opportunity for retailers to capitalise on the profit opportunity a premium gin such as Tanqueray can generate," said Lara O'Shea, Tanqueray brand manager at Diageo GB. "There are select consumers who are looking for real experiences, something different, and they have very discerning tastes when it comes to their drinks choices. Tanqueray, with its intense flavour, is the perfect gin option for them."
Today (5 December) marks the 75th anniversary since the repeal of Prohibition in the US....
Diageo, a company that most people cannot pronounce correctly, has pulled off a sizeable coup by winning a major popularity contest among its UK business peers....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Cobra Beer is circulating a sales memorandum to potential buyers, declaring its willingness to split its UK and Indian businesses, sources close to the situation have confirmed to just-drinks....
Diageo has recruited Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton alongside rival Mika Häkkinen for anti-drink drive campaign in the UK....
Diageo North America spent US$460,000 on lobbying US government officials in the third quarter, including a campaign to reduce tax on distilled spirits....
Around 95% of television and print adverts for spirit drinks surveyed by an EU advertising standards body have been found to comply with national advertising laws....
Diageo and EMI Music have signed a partnership deal to help the drinks giant promote its brands in Europe and North America....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report