GLOBAL: Diageo, Pernod Ricard face Q1 'bend in the road' - analyst
Diageo and Pernod report Q1s later this month
In a note issued earlier today (12 October), Investec said the “testing” comparables for the two spirits giants and the “state of the consumer” in developed and developing markets is leading it to be “cautious” over the results. Diageo is due to report first-quarter numbers on Wednesday (17 October), with Pernod following on 25 October.
However, Investec said it anticipates “solid" organic net sales growth for both groups, of 4% for Diageo and 5% for Pernod.
No change is expected for Diageo’s medium-term guidance of 6% annual organic sales growth, the analysts said. On Pernod, the note added: “Pernod will give FY13 guidance at the Q1, which needs to be judged against FY12’s ‘close to 8%’”.
The state of developing markets are “key to sentiment”, Investec added, as "both companies have a medium term target of 50% sales exposure to these regions".
The note added: "We remain comfortable buyers on a 12-month view".
Reports today claiming that Diageo's public offer to up its stake in United Spirits is doomed to failure should be taken in some sort of context....
Last month, Chris Losh was one of the experts on just-drinks' 'state of the industry' webinar. While the webinar looked at the drinks industry as a whole, Chris thinks the results provide plenty of fo...
Drinks companies stand to benefit as the global travel retail market continues to expand, buoyed by millions of new passengers from developing economies, according to a new just-drinks/IWSR report....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends