UK: Diageo outsources Windhoek distribution
Windhoek's distribution is being moved
In a statement to just-drinks today (19 September), a company spokesperson said the switch to Manchester-based Morgenrot was a “commercial decision”. The move, the spokesperson said, was “made to allow us to focus on our core premium brands and to support our commitment to Guinness in the UK”.
Earlier this month, Diageo confirmed that it plans to invest GBP34m (US$53m) in Guinness in the UK over the next 12 month.
Windhoek is a "premium" golden lager, whose biggest markets are South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Angola.
In July, Diageo announced it was rolling-out the "stubby" version of its lager brand Red Stripe in the UK.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
"The Future of the Wine Market in Australia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research....
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research