UK: Diageo outsources Windhoek distribution
Windhoek's distribution is being moved
In a statement to just-drinks today (19 September), a company spokesperson said the switch to Manchester-based Morgenrot was a “commercial decision”. The move, the spokesperson said, was “made to allow us to focus on our core premium brands and to support our commitment to Guinness in the UK”.
Earlier this month, Diageo confirmed that it plans to invest GBP34m (US$53m) in Guinness in the UK over the next 12 month.
Windhoek is a "premium" golden lager, whose biggest markets are South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Angola.
In July, Diageo announced it was rolling-out the "stubby" version of its lager brand Red Stripe in the UK.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Guinness Anchor Bhd aims to maintain its leadership of beer in Malaysia by constantly ensuring the product’s quality by meeting or even exceeding the demand from consumers, enhancing its distribution ...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review