UK: Diageo outsources Windhoek distribution
Windhoek's distribution is being moved
In a statement to just-drinks today (19 September), a company spokesperson said the switch to Manchester-based Morgenrot was a “commercial decision”. The move, the spokesperson said, was “made to allow us to focus on our core premium brands and to support our commitment to Guinness in the UK”.
Earlier this month, Diageo confirmed that it plans to invest GBP34m (US$53m) in Guinness in the UK over the next 12 month.
Windhoek is a "premium" golden lager, whose biggest markets are South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Angola.
In July, Diageo announced it was rolling-out the "stubby" version of its lager brand Red Stripe in the UK.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
"The Future of the Wine Market in Australia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research....
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts