Diageo opens Colombia airport store to showcase brands
The store will focus on Diageo rum and Scotch brands
Diageo has launched a store exclusively for its own brands in Colombia's main international airport.
The company today said the store, on the international arrivals concourse of Bogota's El Dorado airport, is targeted at the Colombian traveller and focuses on whiskies and rums. Brands will include blended Scotches Johnnie Walker, Buchanan's and Old Parr, Guatemalan rum brand Zacapa as well as spirits such as Smirnoff and Haig Club.
Doug Bagley, MD of Diageo global travel and Middle East, said the store is an example of the “strength of our commitment to personalisation and transforming the shopper experience” in Travel Retail.
The store opened last week.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery