GLOBAL: Diageo on track to meet mid-term growth goals - analysts
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh said in February he was confident the group would meet its mid-term goals
Diageo remains on course to hit its medium-term target of 6% organic sales growth after announcing its Q3 results, according to analysts.
The firm announced in a trading update this morning (May 3) that organic net sales had grown by 6% in the three months to the end of March, with volumes up by 3%. However Diageo made no comment on its medium-term targets in the statement.
In a note, analysts Investec Securities said the result should “provide further confidence that Diageo is firmly on track to deliver against its medium-term guidance”.
However Investec also cautioned, saying: “The outlook statement reads blandly to us, and any upgrade on the top line may be offset by negative FX.”
Analysts Nomura said that it also believed Diageo would now meet its medium-term target of 6% organic revenue growth.
On the subject of M&A, the analysts noted that activity had gone a bit quiet. “Having announced a handful of deals in 2011, we detect that M&A opportunities may come slower in 2012,” it said.
CEO Paul Walsh said in February after its half-year results, the company had provided a “good start” to delivering its medium-term guidance.
Like many other 'industry observers', I noted Reuters' brief chat with UB Group's Vijay Mallya at the Indian Grand Prix last weekend with interest....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research