US: Diageo offers new flavoured malts in North America
Diageo North America has launched a range of flavoured malt beverages in the region
The North American arm of the drinks giant confirmed yesterday (19 April) that it will introduce the Smirnoff Raw Tea line nationwide next month in the off-trade. The roll-out extends coverage for the brand from the north-east, where it had previously been trialled. With three flavours - lemon, raspberry and green tea - the brand will be offered in six-packs at a retail price of around US$7.49.
At the same time, Diageo North America is extending its Smirnoff Ice and Captain Morgan Parrot Bay ranges in the region. Smirnoff Ice Pomegranate Fusion and Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Pineapple Colada wil be available in six-packs and variety packs, with a retail price of $7.49.
Diageo Progressive Adult Beverages vice president Mark Breene said: "We had our consumers in mind when we began developing these new flavour combinations, and we feel this expanded range of flavours addresses their evolving tastes and desire for selection."
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
Diageo is stepping up marketing and promotional activity in the UK behind its Johnnie Walker Black Label brand aimed at Indian consumers during the festive period....
Diageo has reported organic net sales growth over the past three months....
Independent spirits company William Grant & Sons has appointed Simon Hunt as managing director of William Grant & Sons North America and Mexico and president of WGS USA, with effect from 15 October....
Diageo has extended its partnership between its Johnnie Walker brand and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes....
Diageo has been given the green light by councillors to build Scotland's first major distillery in 30 years....
Skyy Spirits has appointed of a new director of public relations and events....
Private equity firm EQT has voiced its desire to buy Vin & Sprit from the Swedish government, according to reports....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review