CHINA: Diageo not in talks to buy winemaker
UK drinks giant Diageo is not in talks to buy Chinese winemaker Sichuan Quanxing.
Reports in China over the weekend suggested that Diageo was looking to snap up the wine producer.
However, just-drinks understands that Diageo has not opened discussions with the company, which is based in the central province of Sichuan. Sichuan Quanxing produces a stable of beverage alcohol products distilled from rice, as well as Hemingshan Plum Wine.
A Diageo spokesperson in London refused to comment on the reports. "We are always interested in developing our business relationships in China but we do not comment on individual rumours."
Last week, Diageo was linked with a bid to buy a stake in India's Sula Vineyards. The spokesperson also refused to be drawn on those reports.
Diageo is looking to boost its presence in the emerging markets of China and India, as well as gain a stronger foothold in Brazil and Russia.
Diageo has secured an "arms-length investment partnership" with a cocktail mixer company in the US....
A Bordeaux wine producer has been fined EUR3,000 (US$4,038) and given a suspended sentence of two months in prison for labelling his rosé wine as clariet....
Diageo is extending its Johnnie Walker whisky portfolio, with a launch into the ultra deluxe segment in Europe and the Americas....
Systembolaget has been accused of favouritism in exchange for jobs in Sweden....
Diageo is hoping to draw a better consumer understanding of where its Smirnoff vodka brand comes from. The company, which unveiled a multi-platform global campaign for the vodka yesterday (9 April), i...
Anheuser-Busch has come out fighting against claims it is targeting children with one of its alcoholic brands....
US bottled water sales and consumption continue to rise, as consumers increasingly choose bottled water over other beverages, according to figures out this week....
Diageo is preparing a multi-platform global campaign for its Smirnoff vodka brand....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report